28th October 2023
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Discover Natural Perfumery in a day
Under guidance from perfumer Kevin Groves you will have a fun day exploring the amazing world of natural perfumery. You require no previous experience or knowledge. The day will consist of:
- Learning various terms, concepts, and practices used within perfumery.
- Exploring a selection of common raw materials (essential oils and resins) Kevin uses from his palette of 150+ materials.
- Discovering the connection between emotion, memory, psychology, and personal tastes and how they affect what perfume/scent we select.
- Learning about the process Kevin follows from initial perfume design right through to the final retail product.
- Developing your very own perfume and then scale it up to a 30ml spray bottle that you can take home afterwards.
Perfumers rarely leave the laboratory. There will plenty of chance to throw all your questions at Kevin about perfumery you have always wanted to ask!
You will leave with your own perfume, a certificate of completion, as well as an understanding of this amazing art form.
Included is the cost of all materials. Bringing a notepad could be useful! Do bring any drinks bottles for during the day and packed lunch for a 20-30min lunch break (adjustable as required if you need to pop out for lunch). We supply protective equipment, but do consider the risk of spillage. If you have any allergies or medical concerns please do make contact with the workshop leader direct or via the Galleria. We deal with all queries in confidence.
Book and pay here